Free child safety seat inspections being offered in Rincon | Events
RINCON, GA (WTOC) - The Effingham County Sheriff's Office and the Effingham County Health Department is offering free child safety seat inspections at the Walmart in Rincon as part of National Child Passenger Safety Week.
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, car crashes in this country and in Georgia are still the leading cause of death for children.
The event runs until 2 p.m. Thursday.
Copyright 2012 WTOC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Savannah police chief stands behind FBI report despite new criticisms
- Public hearing to discuss property tax increase for education
- U.S. Dept. of Housing to host public town hall
- Savannah cruise ship terminal study to remain under wraps one week
- Alderman still questions SCMPD police reports following FBI review