American Legion Post 209 rededicates welcome sign, building | News
SPRINGFIELD, GA (WTOC)- American Legion Post 209 in Springfield rededicated their welcome sign and building Thursday, hoping to attract a new generation of veterans into their ranks.
"We want the community to know we are here. We are reaching out to veterans. We are here to help veterans. We hope to make this a very vibrant post that people will be glad to come to and be a part of," said Richard Saxon, American Legion Post 209 commander.
American Legion Post 209 hosts meetings every second Thursday of the month. Dinner starts at 6:30 p.m.
Copyright 2012 WTOC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- In her words: Notes from the Paula Deen video deposition
- Area residents encouraged to join in Dump the Pump Day Challenge
- Maintenance activity to take place on Hutchinson Island Ramp
- Savannah police chief stands behind FBI report despite new criticisms
- Public hearing to discuss property tax increase for education